There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Friday, June 02, 2006

I wish I could spell "ursprache"

Katharine Close is amazing. She's a great s-p-e-l-l-e-r. She won with "ursprache" and the second place girl missed "weltschmerz." The obvious question is, are we in Germany? Can't the English words get some love? I'm not prejudice or anything, I'm just wonderin'.

I actually have much love for German words. Ich sprache ein bischen Duetsche, in fact. Wow, I hope I spelled all of that right. That's all the German I retained from college. After last night, Nowitzki should totally be in the dictionary! You go Dirk! Gehen Sie, gehen Sie! Please get another 50 Saturday night.

I won a spelling bee in 7th grade. I correctly spelled "version." It wasn't "ursprache" or anything. I went onto the Nebraska State Spelling Bee and I misspelled "molecule" and was eliminated in the first round. I put two l's in it. Doh! I haven't misspelled it since though.

Gotta get my weltschmerz on the treadmill now. Have an ursprachen great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home