There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I found another voice that makes my bottom three ribs tingle

I posted this on my page at mix1029.com, so I apologize for the re-post. I don't know who checks what!

Josh Groban used to be the only one who could make my rib cage tingle. But now I'm going to add the voice of Jake from the Scissor Sisters to the list.

I bought the new CD Ta-Dah last week and I've been wearing it out. The rib-tickling is very gratifying. Jake's voice has depth even though it's fun and psychadelic, and I've gotta have it. Kinda like when you get a monster craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream and then someone says "hey, let's go out for pizza" and you just stare at them like that's the dumbest idea you've ever heard. Nothing else will do. Somehow Jake has joined the ranks of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Different singers affect different areas. I've put some thought into this. Axl Rose's voice hits me in the nose. I have no explanation. I think "Paradise City" and I have instant pressure in my sinuses. Think about a singer and then pay attention to what body part you instantly become aware of. But you can't think about it too long or you'll lose the vibe. It's fun! Others:

Cassidy of Antigone Rising - Esophagus
Patty Griffin - Heart
Sarah McLachlan - Top three ribs
Chris Martin - Forehead
Lucinda Williams - Incisors
Jennifer Nettles - Jaw
Natalie Maines - Back of my neck
Chad Kroeger - Lungs
Melissa Etheridge - Somewhere inside between the heart and spine
Imogen Heap - (megaphone CD cuz her voice was most powerful) - Knees
Madonna - Chest...must have been the cone bra
Amy Lee - Roof of my mouth
Bono - Molars
Pink - Pectoral muscles

This could go on for hours. Now do you see what I'm doing while the songs are playing?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to add:

Kelly Clarkson - entire chest
Jason Upton - ear canals
Justin Timberlake - veins
Natalie Merchant - extremities
Ludacris - skull
Lucie Silvas - rib cage

:-)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home