There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Romo is no sack of potatoes

Well, I said before the big Cowboys/Giants game last night that Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora of the Giants would probably sack Drew Bledsoe 75 times. I was wrong. Only 4, but that was in the first half and if Drew Bledsoe had played at all in the second half I'm certain there would have been 71 more.

Yay for Tony Romo! Yay for Bill Parcells' gutts! It's about dang time!! Let Romo have some growing pains. Drew Bledsoe's growing pains are just arthritis now and it's incurable and completely maddening. He makes me say bad words. No one masters the game right away, so let's not have a cow when Romo throws an interception. At least he won't hold onto the ball for seven seconds (an eternity) and go down in a heap like a sack of rotting potatoes 8 out of 10 times. Romo! Romo! Romo! Go ahead and make a mistake. You'll grow from it and get better. You have my unconditional love and support.

Now, the Colts. I LOVE the Colts! But I'm worried. They're undefeated, but their next two games are at Denver and at New England. Yikes. I will need Pepto Bismol for those games. And Mike Doss is out for the season with an ACL. But Bob Sanders is coming back from an injury soon. Oh dear Colts, please don't lose two in a row. I want a Manning/Manning Super Bowl! After last night, I'm convinced that the Giants will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl in February. Panthers aren't that good, Seahawks are doomed, and the Bears have been playing a soft schedule and are about to go through a mediocre phase. Giants win the NFC and face the Colts in the Super Bowl. (That last sentence is a prayer more than it is a prediction.)

I know some of you are bored to tears with the football talk, but I had to let it out! I feel so much better now! The mobile dog groomer just drove up, so I must go now to do the first of four schnauzer exchanges with her. They get a bath and a haircut in the van in the driveway, and they come back inside snorting and frisky. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home