There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Yay for headaches

Angela had a headache Tuesday night and that excites me. Actually, she has had a dull headache all week. Headaches can be an early sign of pregnancy because of the rush of hormones. Elevated body temperature can also be a sign, and she has been even hotter than usual lately. She finally let me turn the heat on this morning! She was burning up last night when I crawled into bed at 1am; like sizzling hot. Yay for my little heater! Fingers crossed that that is a good thing. Most people don't even know they might be pregnant at this point and they ignore all the little body changes. We're paying attention.

Nausea, sensitivity to smell, and fatigue can also be early signs of pregnancy and she hasn't experienced any of those. Who knows! We'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks, and if she's not pregnant now we'll keep trying until we get it right.

It's hard for an over-analytical, slightly obsessive control freak like me to just "wait and see." I have to fight the urge to nit-pick every possible symptom. Oh, you're hot? You're pregnant! You have a headache? Sweet!! Perhaps she just has the flu! Oh what an interesting, roller-coaster-ish adventure this shall be.

Every time I cook something she remarks how great it smells in the house. If she develops an aversion to those scents, I'm going to be thrilled! That will be a definite sign. I hope the smell of Thanksgiving dinner next week makes her puke. Ha! A roller coaster ride I tell ya.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!! You crack me up :)

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get ready for the twins or even tripples-:))

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for thanksgiving puke!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home