There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Friday, November 03, 2006

Cardio withdrawls

Last Thursday I got on the treadmill for my daily workout, and the lights on the display panel blinked at me once, and then went out and they never returned. The treadmill died, right then and there. I tried to do treadmill CPR, but to no avail. I used it so much, I killed it.

This is among the five worst things that could happen to me! I despise the "haven't worked out" feeling, and I've had it now for eight days. I've been walking fast outside, lifting weights, and running up and down the stairs until I sweat and my legs are about to crumble beneath me, but it's just not the same. The treadmill is perfect cardio for me. My appetite, my feeling of lightness, and my overall energy level were all regulated by 45 minutes on the treadmill. Now I'm all out of whack. I'm not a runner, but I may have to start trotting through the neighborhood just so I feel like my lungs have been stretched.

By the way, the other four worst things that could happen to me are: running out of Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch, forgetting to use a $5 off coupon, drying my favorite jeans by accident instead of letting them air dry, and finding out that this is the one week that Science Diet dog food is not on sale at Petco. Serious stuff.

I've called several peeps about getting the treadmill fixed, and I'll spare you the technical details, but it would cost between $300 and $400 to repair it with the cost of labor and everything. That's a vial of sperm!! We're trying to have a baby for Pete's sake. We can't be putting money toward my exercise addiction.

On that note, Angela starts one of two fertility drugs tonight. She just finished the first doctor's appointment of the cycle this morning, and all is well so we can move forward. I'm torn between providing a whole lot of detail and being completely vague during this process. I could tell you the exact date we're going to inseminate, but then I think that's too much pressure and I would rather just say one day, "Ta dah! We're preggers." But that might be two years from now. Who knows how successful we will be. We haven't reached a point of frustration yet, so for now it's all exciting! And completely scary. And exciting.

I have to go walk fast outside now and then run up and down the stairs like a complete moron. At least the dogs do the stairs with me, so I'm working them out too. Good times. I miss my treadmill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home