There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sun, moon, stars, and the treadmill

Angela has been to the doctor every other day this week and she has another appointment on Saturday. They sure are thorough! But everything is progressing as it should and the actual baby-making attempt will happen really really soon. Yay! Exciting and scary, and SO many variables in play. The analogy that the doctor uses is this: the stars, the moon, and the sun all have to align at exactly the right time and then you'll get pregnant. I guess that's what makes babies a miracle! It really is a wondrous process. It makes me grateful to be alive.

This is pretty much all we're thinking about right now. Since the treadmill is broken, I've started jogging outside, and my mind is on babies (and how our lives are going to change) the whole time I'm out there. But it's kinda relaxing really. Sidebar--I never thought I would be jogging on purpose at any point in my life, but it's really not so bad! I had a lot of pent up energy at the end of last week and I felt like my body was about to explode because it couldn't do any treadmilling, but now it feels great, like every cell is breathing and happy. So screw you treadmill! We might just leave you broken because I've found a way to circumvent your offerings. Until it's 40 degrees outside at least. Then I can always go back to running up and down the stairs. I will not be defeated by electronic conveyor belts I tell ya!

So back to babies. If you're the prayin' kind, please pray for us. I'm not going to put the timeline out here in cyberland, but God knows what it is and will surely apply your prayers to what has already been set in motion. So thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home