There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm lazy now

Since I'm working til midnight now, there's no specific time in the morning I have to get up. The first two weeks on the new job I set my alarm for 8:30. I shut it off every time and went back to sleep, and got up around 9:30. Now I'm setting my alarm for 9 thinking surely I'll pop right up, and I must have shut it off again today because the clock said 9:42 when I got up. I guess my body is forcing me to make up for all those times I drug it out of bed at 3:37. You're right body, you've earned a rest.

Our IT guy at work yesterday asked how I was getting along with the new schedule, and he said now that I've discovered the joy of sleeping in I'll never want to go back to mornings. Perhaps. There are pros and cons about both I guess.

Angela and I are making the best of my new schedule. We don't get to see each other much during the week because she works til 6, but we're still in constant contact and the weekends are all about quality time. She's having surgery next week and will be home for three weeks afterward, so we'll have lots of time together. It sucks that one of us has to be briefly hospitalized in order to see the other, but it will be nice to be together. Crazy. The surgery is next Wednesday, so I probably won't be blogging much around that time.

The dogs are loving life right now. I'm home with them til 3 or 4, and Angela is home most days by 6. Only three hours for the spoiled brats to pout about missing us. Score! We'll just have to figure out a way to keep them from loving Angela too much after surgery. Perhaps we'll drag out the body-pillow shield. Ahh, quality time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home