There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not quite so blobbish

Angela went back to work this week after three weeks at home recovering from surgery. She gets tired a little more quickly than usual, but otherwise she's doing well. While she was home I became a complete slacker with the workout routine, so this week I've put the hammer down. Forty five or fifty minutes on the treadmill every day, free weights every day but one, and major discipline with the food intake.

My friend Diana came to the radio station to pick up some Melissa Etheridge tickets last Friday and we talked about food, and she totally inspired me to pay more attention to my diet. And by diet I don't necessarily mean weight-loss plan. I just mean a way to manage food and make better choices. I stray from the good path every so often and as soon as I notice I'm feeling sort of blobbish, I have to get conscious and pro-active. Like last night at work my stomach took control and started me toward my locker where the peanuts are, and in mid-gate I recognized that I wasn't really that hungry so I turned around and went back into the studio, guzzling a ton of water on the way in. Last week I would have ignored my brain and ended up eating peanuts and chocolate covered raisins, and then I would have been mad at myself for creating that full and gross feeling when it wasn't there before. Does everyone think these things or am I insane? Perhaps just a control freak. Anyway, Diana said she feels great when she eats healthy and lethargic when she eats fast food, etc. I haven't eaten a fast food burger and fries since 1998, but I sure do pound my share of chips and salsa. This week I've gone back to sandwiches with extra lettuce and tomato, and tons of fruit. I'm fruit-logged. But I feel better and have plenty of energy for the treadmill.

That said, I can't wait for the weekend so I can eat some chips and salsa. Hey now! It's all about moderation I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home