There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Drunken anesthesia quotes

The surgery yesterday only lasted about two hours instead of three, and Dr. Rodriguez said all went well. The only concern now would be scarring, but he thinks everything should heal properly and that we'll be able to move ahead with plans to try to start a family. Angela experienced a few post-surgery unpleasantries yesterday afternoon, but nothing major and she was resting comfortably yesterday evening. Big shout out to self-controlled morphine drips!

She was crackin' me up with the anesthesia fog. I went to her room to see her as soon as she got there--around noon I guess--and as soon as she saw me she said, "You've got to reposition the yellow card from work. The yellow card... I always stamp it and alsdkjiohg klkadio...." She trailed off into a bunch of garbledy gook. There is no yellow card at work, so we're thinking she had her office manager job temporarily mixed up with World Cup Soccer. Two yellow cards and you're disqualified from the match, so she might have thought her hospitalization would result in her getting fired. I guess she's not used to being away from work on Wednesday afternoons.

Here are some other anesthesia-laced gems from a couple of hours later.

"When you come tomorrow could you bring my phone charger. I need to..." Silence. Eyes closed, asleep. 11 seconds later: "Horses. In stalls." What?! The dream was hardly long enough to run the Preakness, but her mind was racing. How random is that.

I told her about the restaurant my parents and I went to in Plano and in the middle of asking me what I ate, she fell asleep again. 14 seconds later: "The phone is for Dori." Dori is a co-worker. Back to work.

By the time she called me last night she seemed to have her wits about her. But she did tell me the Rangers won 3-2 and the Padres actually beat them by the same score. Hmm. We're going to the hospital today around 10 and will be there most of the day. Can't wait til she gets to come home tomorrow. She wants Penne Cardinale and Cheese Pizza from Buca di Bepo so that's what she shall have.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Angela looked great tonight when we went by after work. Sorry we missed seeing you. She must have sensed how much the phone is ringing at work, it will be a long 3 weeks. Let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Dori
PS Kasey loved the t-shirts

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home