There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No end to the excitement

I'm the only living thing the house who is awake and alert right now. All four schnauzers are fast asleep under ceiling fans. Beanie is in the bedroom (her favorite place in the world) and the other three are snoozing in the living room with Angela and me. Angela is crashed out in the recliner, which has quite possibly become molded to her backside in the past few days. It's her recovery vehicle of choice. If she's not in the bed, or shuffling around the island in the kitchen doing laps at slightly more than turtle-speed, she's in the recliner. I may never get to sit in it again. :-) She looks so comfy and peaceful in it...I guess I can give it up.

I took her to get her staples out this morning, and to my surprise, I was able to watch the whole thing without getting the willies. I'm usually a huge wimp when it comes to shiny metal objects and skin, but I was kinda intrigued by the way the staples released themselves from the incision today. I'm not quite tough enough to leave radio for the medical field or anything, but I'm proud that I didn't pass out.

Angela decided today that getting out of the house is fun, so she's looking forward to a big Walmart outing on Saturday. She said she might want one of those wheelchair carts in case she tires quickly, but I don't think a basket that size is going to hold all of the crap we need. We may end up with a wheelchair cart plus a regular cart and then people will get mad at us for clogging up the aisles. It will be an adventure for sure. I should take pictures.

Totally off the subject...

Rick asked me to play Long Way Around by the Dixie Chicks a few times on my show this week. So far the response has surprised me. The Dixie Chicks/Sheryl Crow version of Landslide comes up in rotation sometimes, and that usually sparks a call or two from the haters who think the Chicks deserve zero airplay, so I expected this new song to produce more of the same. But over the past two nights, I've only received one of those calls. The rest have been wholly positive, thanking us for playing the Chicks. We're going to play Long Way Around once a night all week, and see what happens.

The sleeping beauties are starting to stir, so I should get back to my caretaker duties. Party on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home