There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I've got ants in my pants

I'm such a freak. I've been working on this book of mine for about 4 years now, and the time has finally come for publishing. Rather than feel overjoyed and be tempted to do the hokey pokey in the middle of the street or whatever it is that excited people do, I've been a big stress ball. Poor Angela. She's trying to recover from surgery and she's had to put up with this nervous fidgeting. "Help!! The margins aren't right! It's printing funny, make it stop! But I don't know how to convert it to a PDF file!" Nonsense. It's not that difficult, I know. But I'm easily intimidated by computer-based procedures that I don't have experience with. And after spending 4 years trying to breathe life into this thing, the fear that one wrong move on the keyboard could cause it to explode and die, is enough to keep me from messing with it altogether. Irrational fears have taken hold. But I'm sending it to the publisher tomorrow and it will finally be out of my hands. Margaritas will ensue.

I've been tinkering with jenaustin.com too. The current look served a purpose, but I think it's grown a bit tired and it's time for it to evolve. My incredibly awesome web designer (and book cover designer) Julie is launching it sometime tomorrow. You'll be able to listen live to Mix 1029, get info about the book, and knock yourself out with tons of other fun stuff. I hope you like it. I'm a whole lot happier with it.

What's more...I'm in desperate need of a haircut. It seems that I've hit a wall in many areas in my life and it's time to move on and never look back. I'm antsy I say. The next step with my hair just isn't as clear as the rest of it. I've had to go with a pony tail/bandana combination for the past couple of days to keep my hair at bay, and even that is getting on my nerves now. Rick saw me through the window in the Mix studio this afternoon, pointed at his head, and immediately started flexing his biceps. I guess only body builders wear bandanas on their heads like this. I laughed at him, but I really should have sassed back that he completely overlooked the color coordination between the navy, light blue, and black bandana, and the navy, light blue, and black Mavs shirt that I'm also sporting today. Men. Anyway, I'm getting my hair whacked tomorrow. Sinead Austin has a nice ring to it. Hmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home