There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hospital blog

I've never blogged in a hospital waiting room before. I didn't even know that waiting rooms came equipped with internet stations. If only they had lattes and barristas too. I tried to read a book like most well-behaved hospital visitors, but the internet seems to be a much better time-killer.

Angela and I got here today at 6:30 and I got to stay with her until they wheeled her back around 8:30. She felt weak and lethargic, which actually ended up being a good thing because that left no room for nerves. She hadn't eaten solid foods since Monday morning and she hadn't had a drop of caffeine, so she was looking forward to sleeping for most of the day. She'll be in the hospital until Friday.

The surgery will last about three hours, which means I have time to write a really lengthy blog. But I won't. The surgery involves three different procedures; all of which end in -opy or -omy and make very little sense to my non-medical mind. But they're necessary if we're going to move toward having kids soon.

I love Dr. Rodriguez. He embraces us fully and does whatever he needs to do to make us feel comfortable and accepted. He told us he really wants to get past this surgery so he can get to the fun part...getting us pregnant. His nurses tell us he's impregnated more women around Plano, Texas than any other man. He is quite talented. And he must have incredible stamina.

I hope things are going well in surgery right now. It's hard not to worry a little. But I have confidence that Dr. Rodriguez will appear in a couple of hours cracking jokes and telling me what a success the surgery was. Until then I'll have to find something else to do to entertain myself. All of the magazines are Time and Newsweek and I'm not in a mindset to handle smart stuff. There is a coffee pot nearby. Maybe I'll have a third cup. My parents drove down from Nebraska yesterday and are coming to the hospital shortly. They're the best.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Angela made it out of surgery safe & sound. She's a tough cookie...I'm sure she be up fixing stuff around the house soon!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home