There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Friday, July 14, 2006

Good fortune

You know how sometimes God sends people into your life at exactly the right moment?

I was just in the break room trying to get a Diet Dr. Pepper, and the vending machine kept spitting out one of my quarters. It was adamant about it! It would take one quarter and one nickel, but that's only 30 cents and I needed 55. I tried to get two different vending machines to take this seemingly defective quarter and both of them spit it out. Just as the second vending machine was rejecting me, Louis (the best engineer in the world) walked in and saved me. It was Diet Dr. Pepper time for him too. He had a nice cripsy dollar bill that the machine had no problem with, and once he got his change he was nice enough to let me exchange my crappy quarter for a fresh new one, just expressed from the machine. So now I have my Diet Dr. Pepper, and Louis has his Diet Dr. Pepper plus the crappy quarter. I wonder if he'll have trouble using it. Where does one spend quarters if not in vending machines? I hope Louis isn't 25 cents poorer because of me. I'm grateful to him. It's because of him that I now believe in vending machine angels.

Other than the soda drama, things are good. The Rangers stomped all over the Orioles last night so the jersey I'm wearing today has a fresh glow. Oh how I love the Rangers. And since I'm in for Lisa Thomas this week and I'm not doing my night show, Angela and I have the evening to play. I'm going to go fetch her after work and we're going to have a wild and crazy late afternoon/evening of Linens N Things, Ulta, and Cantina Laredo. The salsa at Cantina Laredo tastes like chili soup and I love it.

Have a great weekend! We've got Kelly Clarkson tickets! It starts this afternoon with Rick O'Bryan. Good luck. And if you go to the Melissa Etheridge show tomorrow, let me know how it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home