There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Monday, December 04, 2006

Paint makes me happy


Angela and I painted some accent walls at the house on Saturday. When we picked the color we didn't know how cool this autumn photograph would look up against it! Angela took this picture a few years ago when we went to visit relatives in Columbus, Ohio. Now it looks even more "at home."

Spending time with Angela always makes me feel sane. When we spend too much time apart (which happens every week because of our opposite work schedules), I start feeling anxious and disconnected. These small bouts with insanity always confirm the fact that I'm not as strong on my own as I think I am. :-) It's nice and humbling. When Angela and I spend time together and really talk, her words are always the emotional deep breath that I need. She is able to put everything in the proper perspective and help me realize how blessed we are to have each other. Everything else becomes less relevant and falls by the wayside.

I love it when we have the time to be constructive. We have new walls now and they're fun to look at. This is something we couldn't have done if we had gotten a positive pregnancy test last week, because the paint fumes would have become taboo. We'll continue to make the best of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home