There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ball Talk

The TV card in the computer in the Mix studio "blew up" according to the engineers, so I can't watch the Mavs game tonight. I couldn't watch it Tuesday either. Curses! But I did find a semi-acceptable solution. I signed up for an NBA webcast so I could get the radio feed, and I pulled up ESPN's Gamecast so I could see the real-time updates. I had both audio and video going at the same time since the ESPN updates included headshots of the player who made the last basket, committed the last foul, etc. And I had Angela Tivo the game for me in case I wanted to watch it the next day. I didn't want to see the Miami comeback again so I didn't watch. I have a good feeling about tonight though. Go Mavs! D-Wade has a bum knee and Shaq has already hit his free throw quota for the series. Kick their butts I say.

I'm watching World Cup soccer and the U.S. Open right now. A sports nut? I'm afraid so. I just love competition, discipline, endurance, mental toughness, and all of the things that athletes embody. And David Beckham is hot. :-) I think the Cubs and Astros are playing this afternoon too. I'll probably flip over to that too while I'm working on revamping my website. I'm tired of it, so I'm giving it an overhaul to correspond with the release of the book in a couple of months. I have plenty to do, so I can't be totally sucked into ESPN. But it's nice to dive into it whenever I have a brain cramp.

Go Mavs and Mickelson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home