There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Monday, January 22, 2007

The Colts DID IT!! And I am a lunatic.

I thought about the Colts/Patriots game a lot last week and it gave me the nervous/excited jitters every time. I thought about it on Saturday while I was out for a run, and it made my knees weak and I had to slow to a walk. I think I'm physiologically tied to the Horseshoes.

When the game started yesterday I was hopeful. And then sad. And then depressed. After Asante Samuel's interception for a touchdown, I got mad. The Patriots have been a thorn in the side of the Colts for a long time, and the 21-3 lead was enough to make me throw up. I seriously got a stomach ache. Physiologically tied I tell ya. But Angela said, "Jenny...keep believing." So I did. And she was right.

I did the arms-folded, Rain Man rock for most of the second half. Every play seemed like it took five minutes. When Joseph Addai ran in the last touchdown to make it 38-34 with a minute left, I thought that was way too much time for Tom Brady. And then I thought, "How cool would it be if the oft-criticized defense is the thing that seals the deal?" I quit the Rain Man rocking, and scooted to the edge of my seat and begged the clock to keep on ticking. When Marlin Jackson intercepted the Tom Brady ball with 16 seconds left, I burst into tears! I screamed at the top of my lungs, jumped up, covered my face with my hands, peaked at the TV to make sure I was really seeing a Colts celebration, and started full-on sobbing. I'm a lunatic!! Angela got teary-eyed too. I guess I relate to the Colts on a million levels, and the fact that they are tasting success after so many years of trying gives me hope.

How cool were Bill Polian and Tony Dungy to give the glory to God as they were being handed the Lamar Hunt trophy? And in an interview later, Tony Dungy reiterated how he believes in doing things in the most constructive way possible, without profanity, trying to build players up rather than tear them down. Now do you see why I love them so much? I love it when goodness triumphs.

Lovie Smith of the Bears is a great guy too, and leads a great organization. I can't wait for the Super Bowl. Our neighbor (hey Oliver!) is a Bears fan. We saw him in the grocery store checkout line yesterday before the games and did a little trash talkin'. :-) We may end up with half of our fence navy and orange, and the other half blue and white. For now, I'm just dang excited!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you kept the faith alive. What a comeback! The superbowl should be a great game. I understand about being tied to a team. I felt that way when the Mavs FINALLY beat the Spurs, although it went on and I was crushed in the finals. But waiting and hoping like this all these years definitely makes it sweeter when it all finally comes together. Tony Dungy is a great guy! Go Colts. :)

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home