There's always more to the story

A Mix 102.9 personality's ramblings and ponderings

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The L Word

Is there a buzz on this season of The L Word? I haven't really had my finger on the pulse of all things L this season.

We watched the first episode Sunday night and thought it was okay. I want to be crazy in love with the show like I used to be, but I'm just not. I'm happy about Cybill Shepard joining the show, I'm happy Marina is back, and I'm starting to kinda like Jenny. And Alice cracked me up as she tried to school Helena on what it's like to be poor! That was some good stuff. But I'm still mad at the writers for breaking up Bette and Tina, for killing off Dana, and for evolving the show so much that it no longer has a nucleus. It's scattered now, and there's just not much to grab hold of and own.

Perhaps I want the show to be an escape from the stereotypical lesbian drama rather than reflection of it. That said, I doubt we'll miss an episode because, as a lesbian, I feel obligated to tune in. It just doesn't give me the high that it did in season one and part of season 2. (Obviously! I used to excitedly blog about it first thing Monday morning, and now it takes me four days to realize that I've ignored it.) There is a girl at work who LOVES the show and has all the DVD's and just goes on and on about how cool it is. And she's straight. Perhaps she is the audience that the writers are targeting, and I am not. Hmm...interesting.

If you're jazzed about it, please comment! Perhaps your enthusiasm will rub off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the helena and Alice storyline

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home